Excited about the Return of Human Spaceflight to the Space Coast? Us Too.
The space industry has been a pillar of our economy and tourism for decades, and with every milestone mission we see an influx of visitors. Due to the current situation, it’s imperative to be informed and use caution should you decide to travel to the Space Coast to view this historic launch.
Live Streaming Options
Skip the traffic and crowds by streaming the launch of the Crew Dragon Capsule.
- Download the Launch Console App on Google Play or Apple App Store for accurate and up-to-date push notifications, a real-time up-to-the-second countdown clock, a live video feed, and a compass to point where to view in the sky.
- Check out Space Coast Launches for a live feed from NASA and SpaceX the day of the launch.
- Watch the NASA Live for direct live streaming from NASA the day of the launch.
If you’re making your way to the Space Coast to experience the United State’s return to human spaceflight there are some very important factors to consider.
The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is NOT open for launch viewing at this time.
Parking on causeways is extremely dangerous and strictly prohibited.
Heading to the beach is a great way to maintain social distance and enjoy the outdoors during the launch; however, parking spots on popular beach access points fill up quickly. Plan to be here early to secure your spot in the lot and on the sand. Remember groups no larger than 10 people may congregate in one area, these groups MUST be 6 feet apart from one another in all directions.
There are several parks throughout the Space Coast perfect for launch viewing. Please check with each park to determine if the facilities, including restrooms, playgrounds, and other amenities, are open and available to guests. Plan to arrive early as parking spaces are limited.
- Find a prime viewing spot, learn details about the next mission and watch it launch “Live” by visiting our Launches page and Space Coast Launches for info on upcoming launches .
Our Visitor Update page contains further information regarding restaurants and city-specific guidelines.
Beachfront hotels are an ideal viewing area for any launch. These extended stay accommodations are great for people who like to plan ahead. They ensure you will have a front-row seat to beach viewing access, a private bathroom and a place to enjoy some of the great takeout options the Space Coast has to offer. Find and book a room here.
Historic spaceflight has always drawn large crowds to the Space Coast. Our county works hard to direct the flow of traffic. If you choose to visit the Space Coast to witness the return to American Spaceflight, expect traffic and considerable delays. Make sure that you have all the essential items you need for an extended trip including important medication, water, food, and gasoline.
Sign Up For Traffic and Emergency Alerts
Stay up to date with traffic and launch conditions by texting BrevardEOC to 888-777 for SMS alerts. You can also connect with Brevard County Emergency Management’s social media for important notifications on your preferred social platform.
More Information About This Historic Flight
- Stay connected with NASA and Launch America
- Link to Launch blog (link to come)
- Check out Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex‘s Event Schedule
- Watch NASA TV
Disclaimer: We are doing our best to keep this information up-to-date and accurate. At the time of publication this information is factual. Please understand that, details are subject to change at any time.